Rooter Guard is the most trusted plumbing company in Van Nuys for all types of sewer line repair. Homeowners in Los Angeles County are no strangers to sewer problems. No matter how much you maintain your plumbing, sewer repair may eventually be needed. Fortunately, an emergency plumber is available 24/7, so you are not left dealing with the effects of a burst pipe or clogged sewer and resorting to DIY repairs that can make matters worse.
We are conveniently available throughout Los Angeles County, serving Burbank, Glendale, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, and Santa Monica—as well as all surrounding communities.
Sewer Line Repair and Replacement Services
Whether you believe a toilet repair service is necessary or have a known sewer problem, Rooter Guard can provide the following sewer repair services in Van Nuys:
- Pipe Lining: Re-lining a pipe no longer requires excavation and extensive disruption. We can reach underground pipes without digging up your yard. Once the source is identified, we can address the problem by cleaning the pipe, removing roots and mineral buildup, and then inserting a liner (with a two-part epoxy applied) into the pipe. The liner is pulled through the pipe and inflated to match the pipe’s interior dimensions; an epoxy adheres it to the sides and forms a watertight seal. We can also seal pipe joints and reline transitions.
- Sewer Line Cleaning: Experienced technicians with the proper equipment can reach sewer lines and remove blockages. Advanced techniques such as high-pressure water jetting can be used to open up sewer lines. Technicians can also use hydro jetting to address clogged drains or power snakes to loosen, cut up, or push material through parts of the sewer line. Cleaning the pipe can prevent issues such as broken pipes caused by a buildup of pressure.
- Storm Drain Repair: Each storm drain line runs to the sewer system. Sometimes it is the storm drain that’s the source of the problem. After all, you need a place for water to flow away from your yard or pool. Our repair services help prevent flood damage from a rain storm or when you use your sprinkler system. Water should always be directed away from grassy areas near your home.
- Sewer Inspections: A camera attached to a line is inserted into the sewer pipe. The video feed is transmitted to a screen on which a technician can see any cracks, clogs, or collapsed pipe. Tree roots and other obstructions can be revealed as well. By determining the exact problem, your emergency plumber can determine the exact type of damage restoration to perform.
- Trenchless Sewer Repair Service: Blockages, leaks, and deep pipe cleanings can be addressed using trenchless sewer line repair A technician requires only easy entry points to access the pipe. There is no need to dig up ground around your home and this process can save a lot of time. Non-invasive pipe repair can extend the life of existing lines by up to 50 years or more and avoid future issues.
Why Do I Have Sewer Line Damage?
There are a variety of reasons your sewer plumbing can be damaged. Some of the most common causes include:
- Broken Sewer Pipes: A break in a pipe can affect water pressure, slow up your shower drain, and make it difficult to flush your toilet. It can also release waste water into the soil, contributing to water and environmental pollution.
- Corrosion: Contact between a metal sewer pipe and water and a host of corrosive compounds can damage the material over time. Severe corrosion can cause the pipe to crack. It’s therefore important to have the line checked and, if necessary, repaired or replaced.
- Sewer Blockage: Waste, debris, and even food, grease, and soap can build up in pipes and sewer lines. If a foreign object makes it that far down, it can cause blockages, which can lead to messy backups and slow drains. Eventually, clogs can cause weak points and burst pipes.
- Tree Roots: The roots of trees are attracted to water sources, so they can encroach on sewer lines. They can break through and even grow inside of the pipe, causing blockages or crushing sewer lines, leading to various types of problems inside and outside your home.
- Soil Movement: Shifting soil can crack or break sewer pipes. A burst pipe or rupture can cause flooding, water contamination, and foul odors. Large pipes may collapse as well, while freezing during a cold spell can be a problem too.
How to Detect a Sewer Line Problem
Signs you need sewer line repair or line replacement include:
- Sewage backups from your toilet or drains
- Slow drains
- Foul odors
- Mold growth
- Foundation cracks
- Greener patches of grass
- Dipping sections of lawn
- Outdoor buildup of septic waste
- Rats, insects, and other pests
If you experience any of these problems, call a sewer plumbing professional who can identify the source of the problem with techniques such as video inspection. A waterproof camera allows a technician to visually inspect the condition of a sewer system to see if anything is impeding water flow or if you have a broken sewer pipe. If any of the lines leak, a plumber can commence with pipe repair and damage restoration using a variety of methods.
Rooter Guard: Professional Sewer Repair in Van Nuys
Providing sewer line repair throughout Los Angeles County, Rooter Guard offers everything from trenchless sewer repair to expert toilet installation. We deliver professional, honest, and affordable service 24/7, a 100% satisfaction guarantee, and unbeatable warranty. Whether you want to schedule an inspection or need an emergency plumber in or around Van Nuys, call 833-683-5515 or feel free to fill out our contact form for a quick quote or to request a visit at your home or business.