Simply put, to install a toilet properly, you need a toilet installation service run by a professional. Rooter Guard provides top-notch installation and toilet repair service in Van Nuys and throughout Los Angeles County. These are the same high-quality services customers in Hollywood, Burbank, Santa Monica, Glendale, and Beverly Hills depend on as well.
There are simply no shortcuts to getting toilet repair or installation right. One slight mistake can leave you with improper sealing or a flood and messy cleanup. Water can damage fixtures and flooring materials and reach other living areas. Rooter Guard can avoid this while resolving any toilet problems—and getting it done right, the first time.
Common Toilet Problems Fixed by Rooter Guard
- Weak Flushing: A clog can cause a toilet to flush poorly or overflow. If it doesn’t flush, there might be a problem with the flush handle, flush lever lift arm, or lift chain. A damaged flapper seal, which covers the flush valve opening, might need replacement. Contact a trusted plumber for these problems or if the toilet bowl or tank fills
- Running Toilet: When you hear a toilet running constantly, even when it hasn’t been used, water is steadily flowing through the fill valve and being wasted. If the water level in the tank is falling, the flapper valve may be malfunctioning and not sealing the flush valve opening. The flush valve assembly may also be defective. The valve may need to be cleaned or replaced if the water level is too high and the tank isn’t leaking.
- Clogged Toilet: The water flow is blocked by something in the pipe. It may overflow and make a mess if it keeps running. If a plunger doesn’t fix the problem, you may need a plumber to snake the toilet or inspect the pipe for any damage or obstructions. Turn off the water supply valve as soon as you notice a problem and then call an emergency plumber for toilet repair.
- Leaking Toilet: Escaping water can damage your floor and subfloor, while waste water can contain contaminants, so clean it up using waterproof gloves. Unless you have experience, call a professional who knows how to deal with leaking toilets. Common sources include the water supply valve, supply line connection, tank/bowl connection, the tank itself, or where the toilet meets the floor.
- Broken Toilet Handle: If the handle is stuck or loose, the toilet may run endlessly. A plumber can check the handle mounting nut for damage, tighten it, or clean the nut and shaft threads. Our Van Nuys plumbers will check the arm and chain mechanism as well, to make sure everything is working properly or if repairs or replacements are needed.
Sometimes a valve needs to be replaced or a bad gasket fixed, or you need adjustments to the lever or flapper. A new toilet may be the better solution to your plumbing problems. By relying on a toilet installation service, you avoid purchasing a new toilet on your own and risking costly mistakes. By calling Rooter Guard’s Van Nuys plumbers, time-consuming and costly issues are not a concern.
There’s No Leaks In Our Service: Why You Should Choose Rooter Guard
Rooter Guard saves you time, labor, and stress. Our professional plumbers have been trained to deal with any toilet problem. We’re equipped with the right tools to troubleshoot issues and provide toilet installation and repairs, as well as service tanks, fill valves, tank lever mechanisms, gaskets, and tank bowl couplings. After all, the toilet will function as designed only if everything is installed or adjusted properly.
As your local trusted plumbers, we get all sorts of questions about toilet issues. Below we’ve answered some of the more common ones.
How long do toilet parts last?
Flappers and fill valves are moving parts and most exposed to water, so they’re typically the most commonly replaced toilet parts. On average they should last from 4 to 5 years. Chemical cleaners, heavily chlorinated water, or a water source with sand or grit can cause premature wear.
Can I stop my toilet from running?
You can try jiggling the handle. If the toilet stops, the flapper chain may need to be shortened or the float ball might be in the way. You can check for these problems and to see if the flush handle is secure enough, but it’s best to let a plumber fix any issues.
Call Rooter Guard Today
Serving Los Angeles County, including Van Nuys, Rooter Guard can fix all your toilet problems and provide toilet plumbing installation without incident. Our emergency plumber is available 24/7. If you need toilet repair, don’t hesitate to contact us at 833-683-5515 or fill out our online contact form. Don’t forget to ask about our special offers and warranty.